Dec 15, 2008

when life gives you lemons... put on your sunglasses

We had another long weekend of recording. I say we, but really Kyle had a long weekend of recording. It always amazes me that even though I sing and play, at least the guitar, on all the tracks, my contribution to recording seems to be around 15%. There is an incredible amount effort that Kyle spends putting his "magic" on the tracks. They are sounding so good, but now we are under the crunch! 1 week from today is when it MUST be finished, so every hour not working or sleeping will be dedicated to finishing up the album. We did take a little break on sat to have some band photos shot. We hired a photographer friend but at the last minute she had some camera issues and was unable to photograph us, so knowing that our time was limited, and since we were already dressed up we did it ourselves. After a quick trip to the local camera shop to get a wireless remote control shutter release (the coolest thing ever) we were ready. We had some ideas to shoot some images outside but when we got to our destination we discovered the wind was around 40mph (and that is not an exaggeration!) so we headed home to experiment with what could be done inside, and away from the wind... here is what we came up with. The sunglasses were K's idea, respectively. The appearances of the bobos were on their own accord. 

4 comments:

Sarah Holt said...

I LOVE IT!

brandi p said...

thanks girl!

Janet said...

They look great!

When you're here I might solicit your help: I want to get a couple dodads for my camera.

brandi p said...

I LOVE dodads!