Jan 5, 2009

dear 2008...

where did you go? 

So this year (in short):
• I started a blog
• taught a design class at TTU (and loved every min. of it)
• convinced my sis to join our band 
• took many many MANY wonderful trips with k, my favorite person to travel with
• reclaimed my passion for photography (thanks sarah) 
• traveled to SanFran with my mom and sis
• lost my Grandaddy Darell
• planted a garden
• continued living as a vegetarian (although I did fall off the wagon recently, GEORGIA, Im back on, and have a new commitment )
• made a decision to apply to grad school and then actually applied (still in the process actually)
• wrote and recorded a 2nd album (with the help of my partner in crime, respectively) 

Hello 2009...
I believe this year has many wonderful things in store. I am probably most excited about 2 aspects of my life. 
One, my potential to be in grad school in the fall (my fingers are double crossed). It's kind of fun thinking that by this time next year we will be living in a completely different place, with completely different schedules, new friends, new experiences... I can hardly contain my excitement. Change invigorates me! (and K too... which is probably why we work so well together)
Two, the DC will release our second album in the spring, and I am extremely proud of it. Kyle did an excellent job recording and crafting it into EXACTLY what we wanted it to sound like. Only time will tell if the rest of the world agrees.

I have so many things to write about, happenings from the last two weeks. K and I traveled to my parents home in Ft. Worth to spend Christmas with my family, and then to Georgia to spend some time with his family and to see our friends in Athens. We had a great time, and I am exhausted! But, the traveling and exhaustion was worth it, and now it's back to the daily grind. I have a mammoth amount of images to process and post but, here is what the last two weeks of my life has looked like from my iphone starting with my christmas sweet potato that I got in my stocking from k, dang, I love that man. btw, still in love with the phone



1 comment:

Sarah Holt said...

Dang good iphone photos!